Are you always running around to get ready in the morning? Are you already stressed when you get to work? How you start your morning sets the tone for how you manage the rest of your day. Try to make a few of these changes and you might find yourself feeling more positive and healthy throughout the week.
- Don’t hit the snooze button. You’ll feel more in control of your day if you make sure to give yourself enough time to get ready without being in a rush.
- Write down three things that you are thankful for.
- Drink water. Just two cups will jump start your metabolism and give you more energy to start your day.
- Do at least fifteen minutes of exercise. Not only will this boost your metabolism and endorphins, it also means that even if nothing else gets done during the day, you can still brag about your exercise.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. After your quick workout you’ll be more inspired to eat a nutritious meal. An omelette with some veggies and cheese is a yummy option. Another one of my favorites is whole wheat toast with peanut butter and slices of banana. If you’re pressed for time, some Greek yogurt, nuts and and fruit are all filling items that are easy to take on the go. This small change in your morning schedule can also motivate you to make better food choices for lunch.
- Tidy up the house. Try making your bed or washing the dishes. You’ll definitely appreciate these little touches once you get back from a long day at work.
- Do something you enjoy. Read the newspaper, watch 10 minutes of your favorite show or work on a cross puzzle. It won’t always be possible, but try to make the time a couple of days a week. Sometimes little things like this can make a big difference.
- Make a to-do list. Include something you’ve already done; checking it off will give you a sense of accomplishment that will inspire you to check off more things.
No one can become a morning person from one day to the next. So start off with just a couple of these tips and see if you notice a difference.
Share your morning tips and tricks with us!