Moving is a stressful time for everyone – furry friends included! Help your pet settle in and feel comfortable in your new apartment home with these simple tips.
- Let your pet visit the neighborhood and apartment prior to moving in. Give them some time to sniff around and become comfortable with the new sights and smells.
- The final stages of packing can be traumatizing for your pet. Let them stay at a familiar location with friends and family as you finish up the move.
- Pack their toys and blankets in their own special box. Unpack that box first so your pet is surrounded by familiar items.
- Shamelessly spoil them! Get your pet a fun new toy to distract them during the move.
- Immediately after the move-in, wear out your pet with a long walk around the neighborhood. This will burn off nervous energy and help them relax in their new home.