One of the perks of living at an Alliance Residential Community is maintenance free living. No need to worry about plumbing or an electrical issue. All you need to do is make a quick phone call and we will take care of it for you. Still, there will be times when you need a few tools of your own for simple tasks. Here are the must-haves for any tenant’s toolbox.
- Screwdriver – can be used for just about anything: changing light bulbs, tightening cabinets, or assembling your latest find from Crate & Barrel.
- Utility Knife – used to easily open packages.
- Tape Measure – before buying that sofa at West Elm, make sure it will fit through the door and comfortably in the room by measuring out the space. Also essential when hanging pictures.
- Hammer & Nails – hang up art or mirrors with a lightweight hammer and wood nails.
- Drywall Anchors – when you need to hang a picture and there isn’t a stud or don’t want to use a nail you can still do so with drywall anchors.
- Headlamp – when you need to hook up a new TV or find something in a dark room a headlamp is indispensable. It won’t restrict your hands or workspace like a regular flashlight.
Having these basic tools will make your apartment life even more convenient. Let us know what tools you find the most useful by commenting below.